Welder Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Welder
Welders are skilled tradespeople who use heat, pressure, or a combination of both to join metal parts together. They work in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing, and repair and maintenance. Welders use various types of welding techniques, such as stick welding, TIG welding, MIG welding, and flux-cored arc welding, to create strong and durable joints.
- Reading and interpreting technical drawings and blueprints to determine the appropriate welding technique and materials
- Setting up and maintaining welding equipment, including welding torches and machines
- Preparing materials for welding by cleaning, cutting, and shaping them as necessary
- Using welding techniques to join metal parts together, ensuring that the joints are strong and meet quality standards
- Inspecting finished products and making repairs as necessary
- Following safety procedures and using personal protective equipment
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Welding certification or training program completion
- Experience with various welding techniques
- Physical stamina and dexterity to perform repetitive motions and work in confined spaces
- Strong attention to detail and ability to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong understanding of safety procedures and use of personal protective equipment
The average salary for a welder in the USA is $42,480 per year, with a range of $31,000 to $56,000 per year. The salary can vary depending on the industry, location, and level of experience.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)