Waiter Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Waiter
Waiters are responsible for providing excellent customer service and ensuring that guests have a pleasant dining experience. They take and serve food and drink orders, make recommendations, and handle payments.
- Greeting customers and seating them at their tables
- Taking and delivering food and drink orders
- Making recommendations and answering questions about menu items
- Handling payments and providing change
- Cleaning and setting tables
- Assisting with other tasks as needed, such as restocking supplies or helping with dishes
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math and reading skills
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well with a team
- Experience in a similar role is preferred
- Food handling certification may be required in some states
- Knowledge of different types of food and drink is helpful
- Basic knowledge of wine and cocktail service is a plus
- Good presentation and grooming standards
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
The average salary for a waiter in the USA is between $18,000 and $30,000 per year, depending on the location, industry and type of business, for example a small cafe waiter may earn less than a well established restaurant and hotel.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)