Tutor Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Tutor
Tutors are individuals who provide one-on-one or small group instruction to students in a specific subject area or academic level. They may work with students of all ages, from elementary school to college, and may specialize in a particular subject, such as math, science, or English. Tutors may also provide support to students with special needs, such as those who are learning English as a second language or have a learning disability.
- Assess the student’s current knowledge and skill level in the subject area
- Develop a customized lesson plan that addresses the student’s specific needs and goals
- Provide instruction and guidance to the student, using a variety of teaching methods and materials
- Monitor the student’s progress and provide feedback and support
- Communicate with the student’s parents or guardians to keep them informed of the student’s progress
- Stay up-to-date with current teaching methods and best practices in the subject area
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the subject area they will be tutoring
- Good communication and teaching skills
- Patience and the ability to work with students of all ages and skill levels
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in the subject area they will be tutoring
- Teaching certification or experience teaching in a classroom setting
- Additional certifications or training in areas such as special education or English as a second language (ESL) may also be beneficial.
The salary range for tutors can vary widely depending on factors such as location, level of experience, and subject area. The average hourly rate for tutors in the United States is around $15.50 per hour.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)