Truck Driver Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Truck Driver
A truck driver is a professional who operates a commercial vehicle, such as a tractor-trailer, to transport goods and materials. The job responsibilities of a truck driver include:
- Inspecting and maintaining the vehicle before and after each trip
- Planning the most efficient route for delivery
- Loading and unloading cargo
- Keeping accurate logs of hours driven and deliveries made
- Following all traffic laws and regulations
- Communicating with dispatchers and other members of the transportation team
The minimum requirements to become a truck driver in the USA typically include:
- Being at least 21 years old (some companies may require drivers to be 25)
- Having a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL)
- Being able to pass a background check and drug test
- Having a clean driving record
- Meeting the physical and medical requirements set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Meeting the training and education requirements set forth by the company
Additional qualifications that may be preferred by employers include experience driving a commercial vehicle, experience hauling specific types of cargo, and a good safety record.
In the USA, the salary range for truck drivers can vary depending on factors such as experience, location, and type of cargo being transported. The median annual wage for heavy and tractor-trailer truck drivers in 2020 was $44,500.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)