Teller Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Teller
A teller is a financial professional who is responsible for providing customer service and handling transactions at a bank or financial institution. This includes processing deposits, withdrawals, and other financial transactions, as well as providing information and assistance to customers.
- Greeting and assisting customers with their transactions
- Processing deposits, withdrawals, and other financial transactions
- Answering customer questions and providing information about products and services
- Handling cash and ensuring accuracy in transactions
- Balancing cash drawer at the end of the day
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity or potential fraud
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong math and customer service skills
- Ability to handle cash and perform basic calculations
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Basic computer skills
- A degree in finance or business is preferred, but not always required
- Experience in customer service or a related field is beneficial
- Basic knowledge of banking products and services
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in transactions
- Ability to comply with regulations and laws related to banking and financial transactions.
The average salary for a teller in the USA is around $30,000 per year, but this can vary depending on location, experience, and qualifications.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)