Tailor Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Tailor
A tailor is a skilled professional who specializes in creating, altering, and repairing clothing and other textile items. They may work in a variety of settings, including clothing stores, boutiques, tailoring shops, and even in people’s homes. Tailors are responsible for taking measurements, cutting fabric, and stitching garments to fit customers’ specific needs and preferences.
- Taking accurate measurements of customers to ensure proper fit
- Cutting and sewing fabric to create new garments or alter existing ones
- Repairing and mending clothing and other textile items
- Providing guidance and recommendations to customers on fabric choices and styles
- Keeping up-to-date with current fashion trends and techniques
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong sewing skills and knowledge of different fabrics and textiles
- Attention to detail and ability to work with precision
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- A degree or diploma in fashion design or tailoring from a vocational school or college is preferred
- Prior experience working as a tailor or in a related field is beneficial
- Familiarity with computer-aided design (CAD) software and other industry-specific tools is a plus.
The average salary for a tailor in the USA ranges from $25,000 to $40,000 per year, depending on experience and location.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)