Radiologist Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Radiologist
A radiologist is a medical doctor who specializes in interpreting medical imaging studies such as X-rays, MRIs, and CT scans. They use these images to diagnose and treat a wide range of medical conditions, including cancer, heart disease, and orthopedic injuries.
- Interpreting medical imaging studies such as X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, and ultrasound
- Communicating findings to referring physicians and other healthcare providers
- Providing guidance on the appropriate use of imaging studies
- Performing image-guided procedures such as biopsies and interventions
- Supervising and training radiology residents and technologists
- Keeping up to date with the latest advancements in medical imaging technology and techniques
- Minimum Requirements:
- Medical degree (MD or DO)
- Completion of a radiology residency program
- Board certification in radiology from the American Board of Radiology or the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Current medical licensure in the state where the radiologist will be practicing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of medical imaging technology and techniques
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze complex medical images
- Passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in medical imaging technology and techniques.
The average salary for a radiologist in the USA is around $400,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and specialty.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)