Police Officer Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Police Officer
Police officers are responsible for maintaining law and order, protecting life and property, and enforcing laws and regulations within a designated area. They may work for local, state, or federal law enforcement agencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency calls for service
- Patrolling designated areas to deter and detect criminal activity
- Conducting investigations and making arrests
- Writing and filing reports
- Testifying in court
- Participating in community policing initiatives
- Maintaining physical fitness and mental health
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must meet physical and mental health requirements
- Must complete a police academy training program and pass a certification exam.
The salary range for police officers varies depending on the location and level of experience. The median annual salary for police and detectives in the USA is $65,170.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)