Optician Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Optician
Opticians are healthcare professionals who work with customers to determine their vision needs and fit them with appropriate eyewear, including glasses and contact lenses. They also adjust and repair eyewear and provide customers with information on lens options and frame styles.
- Measuring customers’ eyes to determine the correct lens and frame size
- Helping customers select frames and lenses based on their prescription, lifestyle, and budget
- Adjusting and fitting eyewear to ensure proper fit and comfort
- Explaining lens options and coatings to customers
- Educating customers on how to care for and maintain their eyewear
- Keeping accurate records of customers’ prescriptions and measurements
- Staying up-to-date with the latest developments in eyewear technology and trends
- High school diploma or equivalent
Completion of a formal training program in opticianry, which can include a certificate or associate’s degree
- National examination and state licensing may be required
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work well with customers of all ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks at once
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong math skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
A passion for fashion and style, with an understanding of current eyewear trends and fashion.
The salary range for opticians in the USA can vary depending on location, experience, and employer. The median annual salary for opticians in the USA is around $36,260.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)