Logistics Manager Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Logistics Manager
A Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating the movement of goods and materials from one location to another. They plan and organize transportation routes, manage inventory, and ensure that all logistics activities are carried out efficiently and cost-effectively.
- Develop and implement logistics strategies to optimize the movement of goods and materials
- Plan and organize transportation routes to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Monitor and manage inventory levels to ensure that materials are available when needed
- Negotiate rates with transportation providers and suppliers to reduce costs
- Monitor logistics activities to identify and resolve any issues that may arise
- Communicate with other departments, such as sales and production, to ensure that logistics needs are being met
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and laws
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in logistics or supply chain management
- Strong knowledge of transportation and logistics operations
- Experience with inventory management and cost reduction techniques
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and logistics software
- Master’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, or a related field
- Professional certifications such as CSCP or CLTD
- Experience in a leadership role within logistics or supply chain management
- Experience with transportation and logistics software systems
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and laws.
Logistics Managers earn a median salary of around $60,000 – $120,000 per year, depending on the job location and company size.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)