Lifeguard Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Lifeguard
A lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of swimmers and patrons at a pool, beach, or water park. They are trained to prevent and respond to emergencies, perform rescues, and administer first aid.
- Constantly monitor the pool or beach area to ensure the safety of swimmers
- Respond quickly and effectively to any emergency situations that may arise
- Perform rescue operations and administer first aid as needed
- Enforce safety rules and regulations
- Provide information and assistance to patrons
- Keep the pool or beach area clean and well-maintained
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must possess a valid lifeguard certification (such as the American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification)
- Must have a strong swimming ability
- Must be able to pass a physical examination and CPR certification
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work weekends and holidays
- Prior lifeguard experience is preferred, but not required
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Must be able to remain calm and composed in high-stress situations
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to multitask effectively
The salary range for a lifeguard in the USA can vary depending on the location and experience, but typically ranges from $8 to $15 per hour.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)