Legal Assistant Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Legal Assistant Job Role:
A legal assistant, also known as a paralegal, is a professional who assists lawyers in their day-to-day tasks. They are responsible for performing research, drafting legal documents, and supporting lawyers during court proceedings. They may also be responsible for managing client communication and case management.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Conducting legal research and gathering relevant information to assist with case preparation
- Drafting legal documents such as contracts, pleadings, and briefs
- Organizing and maintaining case files and documents
- Communicating with clients, witnesses, and other parties involved in the case
- Assisting lawyers during court proceedings and hearings
- Organizing and scheduling appointments and meetings
- Managing client billing and account management
- Keeping abreast of legal developments and changes in laws and regulations
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED is required for entry-level positions
- Post-secondary education in paralegal studies or a related field is preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology and procedures
- Familiarity with legal research tools and software
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail and ability to produce high-quality work.
The average salary range for a legal assistant in the USA is between $40,000 and $70,000 per year. The salary can vary depending on factors such as location, years of experience, and level of education.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)