Judge Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Judge
A judge is a legal professional who presides over court proceedings, makes decisions on legal matters, and ensures that the law is followed in the courtroom. They are responsible for interpreting and enforcing laws, hearing evidence and testimony, and making decisions on legal disputes.
- Preside over court proceedings and make decisions on legal matters
- Interpret and apply the law to the facts of a case
- Hear evidence and testimony from witnesses and parties in a case
- Make decisions on legal disputes, including sentencing in criminal cases
- Ensure that court proceedings are conducted fairly and in accordance with the law
- Write and issue court orders, decisions, and judgments
- Manage and oversee court staff and courtrooms
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- State bar certification
- A minimum of several years of experience practicing law, typically as a lawyer or prosecutor
Some states may require judges to be elected by the public, while others may appoint judges through a selection process
The salary range for judges in the USA varies depending on the level of the court and the location of the court. The median annual salary for judges, magistrates, and magistrates judges in the USA is $125,910. However, some judges, such as those on the Supreme Court, can earn significantly more.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)