General Practitioner (GP) Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: General Practitioner (GP)
A General Practitioner, also known as a family doctor, is a medical doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of medical conditions. GPs are responsible for providing primary healthcare services to patients of all ages, from infants to the elderly. They are responsible for diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, and referring patients to specialists when necessary. GPs also provide preventive care and health education, and they are responsible for maintaining patient records and coordinating care with other healthcare providers.
- Examining patients and diagnosing illnesses and injuries
- Prescribing medications and treatments
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Referring patients to specialists when necessary
- Providing preventive care and health education
- Maintaining patient records and coordinating care with other healthcare providers
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Completion of a three-year residency program in family medicine or general practice
- Board certification in family medicine or general practice
- A valid medical license from the state in which they practice
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, and medical procedures
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer and electronic health record skills
- Strong compassion and empathy for patients.
The median annual salary for GPs in the United States is $211,780, However, the salary range can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and type of practice.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)