Gardener Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Gardener
A gardener is responsible for maintaining and caring for outdoor spaces such as gardens, lawns, and parks. This includes tasks such as planting, pruning, watering, and removing weeds. Gardeners may also be responsible for mowing, edging, and aerating lawns, as well as maintaining garden beds and borders.
- Planting and maintaining flowers, shrubs, and trees
- Watering and fertilizing plants and lawns
- Pruning and shaping plants to maintain their health and appearance
- Removing weeds and unwanted plants
- Mowing, edging, and aerating lawns
- Raking leaves and clearing debris
- Using tools such as shears, hoes, and power equipment
- Checking and monitoring for pests and diseases
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and preferences
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a garden or landscaping setting
- Knowledge of plants and gardening techniques
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions, including hot and cold weather
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects, such as bags of soil or mulch
- Must be able to pass a background check
- A degree or certification in horticulture or a related field is preferred but not required
- Experience with irrigation systems, pesticides, and herbicides
- Knowledge of safety practices and proper use of tools
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
The salary range for a gardener in the USA can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and employer. On average, the salary range is between $25,000 to $40,000 per year.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)