Food Service Manager Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Food Service Manager
A Food Service Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a food service establishment, including restaurants, cafeterias, and catering companies. They work to ensure that food is prepared and served to customers in a timely and efficient manner, while also maintaining high standards of quality and safety.
- Coordinating and supervising the work of kitchen staff, including cooks, servers, and dishwashers
- Scheduling staff shifts and managing employee schedules
- Maintaining inventory of food, supplies, and equipment
- Ensuring that food is prepared and served according to health and safety standards
- Managing budgets and controlling costs
- Training new employees and overseeing their development
- Ordering food and supplies
- Keeping records of sales, expenses, and inventory
- Resolving customer complaints and ensuring customer satisfaction
- Creating and implementing marketing and promotional strategies
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and best practices
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Several years of experience in food service, with some management experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of food preparation and service techniques
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management or a related field
- ServSafe food safety certification
- Experience with inventory management and financial analysis
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Office and POS systems
- Strong knowledge of culinary techniques and ingredients
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
The average salary for a Food Service Manager in the USA is around $50,000 – $60,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and the size of the establishment.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)