Fisherman Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification
Job Role: Fisherman
Fishermen are responsible for catching fish and other seafood using various methods such as fishing nets, lines, and traps. They work on boats or on shore and may also be responsible for maintaining and repairing equipment.
- Setting and baiting fishing lines or nets
- Operating and maintaining fishing equipment
- Steering boats and navigating to fishing grounds
- Keeping track of weather conditions and adjusting fishing methods accordingly
- Cleaning and preparing fish for sale or storage
- Maintaining and repairing fishing equipment
- Keeping accurate records of catches and fishing activities
- Complying with all laws and regulations regarding fishing and conservation practices
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a physical examination
- Ability to work long hours in various weather conditions
- Knowledge of local fishing regulations
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimal supervision
- Experience working as a fisherman or in a related field
- Commercial fishing license
- Familiarity with navigation and boating safety
- Knowledge of different types of fish and fishing methods
- CPR and first aid certification
- Strong physical stamina and ability to lift heavy equipment.
The median salary for a fisherman in the USA is around $35,000 per year. However, this can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and type of fishing.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)