Firefighter Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Firefighter
Firefighters are responsible for responding to emergencies, extinguishing fires, rescuing people and animals, and providing medical aid. They also work to prevent fires by educating the public about fire safety and inspecting buildings for potential hazards.
- Responding to emergency calls and providing aid to those in need
- Extinguishing fires using various methods and equipment
- Rescue people and animals from dangerous situations
- Provide medical aid to injured or ill individuals
- Educate the public about fire safety and preventing fires
- Inspect buildings for potential hazards and ensure compliance with fire safety regulations
- Maintain and repair equipment and vehicles
- Participate in training and drills to stay current on firefighting techniques and safety protocols
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be physically fit and able to pass a physical fitness test
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must be able to work well under pressure and in high-stress situations
- Many firefighters have a degree in fire science or a related field, but this is not always required
- Many firefighters also have certifications in areas such as hazardous materials management, emergency medical services, or technical rescue.
- Firefighters must be able to work well as part of a team, have good communication skills, be able to follow instructions and be able to think on their feet.
- Firefighters need to be able to work in a range of conditions, such as extreme heat, cold and rain, and be able to wear heavy protective clothing and equipment.
- Firefighters must be able to meet rigorous physical demands, as well as be able to climb ladders, carry heavy objects and be able to wear self-contained breathing apparatus.
Salary Range in USA:
The median annual salary for firefighters in the United States is $49,620, with the range being between $30,000 and $80,000.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)