Doctor Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Doctor
A doctor is a medical professional who is responsible for diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries. They work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, private practices, and more. There different types of doctors such as General Practitioners, Specialists and Consultants. The title of specialist and the consultants are considered for more senior professionals with extensive knowledge, experience and highest medical qualifications are required to attain these designations while general practitioners are the regular doctors or first doctor that the patients would see to treat their early symptoms, however an acute disease may require further investigation by the specialist or consultant doctor who are in a more senior position.
- Conducting physical examinations and taking medical histories
- Diagnosing and treating illnesses and injuries
- Prescribing medication and therapy
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests
- Referring patients to specialists as needed
- Providing preventative care and health education
- Keeping detailed medical records
- Communicating with other healthcare professionals to coordinate patient care
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- A medical degree from an accredited medical school
- A license to practice medicine in the state where they work
- Completion of a residency program
- Board certification in their specialty (if applicable)
- Strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and other medical subjects
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
Salary Range in USA:
The salary range for doctors in the USA varies depending on the type of doctor, location, and experience. The median annual salary for physicians and surgeons is $208,000.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)