Dishwasher Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Dishwasher
Dishwashers are responsible for cleaning and sanitizing dishes, utensils, and kitchen equipment in a restaurant or other food service establishment. They typically work in the back of the house and may also be responsible for cleaning and maintaining the kitchen area, including floors, walls, and other surfaces.
- Operate dishwashing machines to clean and sanitize dishes, utensils, and kitchen equipment
- Sort and stack dishes and utensils for washing
- Scrape and rinse dirty dishes, utensils, and equipment
- Load and unload dishwashing machines
- Clean and sanitize kitchen surfaces, including floors, walls, and countertops
- Stock and maintain supplies of dishes, utensils, and kitchen equipment
- Follow proper food safety and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen tasks as needed
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- No formal education is typically required for this role, but a high school diploma or GED may be preferred by some employers
- Prior experience in a similar role is helpful, but not always required
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and lift heavy items
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and often noisy environment
- Must be able to work well as part of a team and follow instructions from supervisors and other kitchen staff.
Salary Range in USA:
The average hourly wage for a dishwasher in the United States is around $10.00 to $12.00 per hour.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)