Customs Officer Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualificatioin Requirement
Customs Officer Job Role:
Customs officers are responsible for enforcing laws and regulations related to the import and export of goods. They work at ports of entry, including airports and seaports, to inspect and clear goods entering and leaving the country. Customs officers also work to prevent the illegal smuggling of goods, such as drugs and weapons.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and clear goods entering and leaving the country
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations related to import and export
- Check for prohibited or restricted items, such as drugs or weapons
- Verify that goods are properly declared and that tariffs and taxes are paid
- Conduct investigations and make arrests in cases of smuggling or other violations
- Provide information and assistance to travelers and other members of the public
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- US citizenship
- Must be between the ages of 21 and 37
- Must pass a background investigation and drug test
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must pass the Customs Officer Pre-Employment Test (COPET)
- Must pass a medical examination and physical fitness test
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Salary Range in USA:
The average salary for a Customs Officer in the United States is $56,000 per year. The salary range for Customs Officers typically falls between $50,000 and $70,000.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)