Cost Estimator Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Cost Estimator
A cost estimator is responsible for analyzing and evaluating the cost of various projects, including construction, manufacturing, and service-related projects. They work with project managers and other team members to identify and estimate the costs associated with materials, labor, and other project expenses. They also review and analyze plans, specifications, and other project documents to determine the feasibility and cost of a project.
- Analyze project plans and specifications to determine the cost of materials, labor, and other expenses
- Identify and evaluate potential cost savings and cost-saving measures
- Prepare detailed cost estimates for various projects
- Review and analyze project documents, including contracts and change orders
- Collaborate with project managers and other team members to identify and address any potential cost issues
- Communicate with suppliers and contractors to gather cost information
- Monitor project progress and update cost estimates as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field
- Experience in project management or cost estimating
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in cost estimating software and other relevant tools
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Professional certifications in cost estimating, project management, or a related field are highly desirable
- Strong understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Experience in the construction or manufacturing industry is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with project teams and clients.
The salary range for a cost estimator in the USA can vary depending on factors such as location, experience, and industry. The average salary for a cost estimator in the USA is around $62,000 per year.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)