Carpenter Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Carpenter
A carpenter is a skilled tradesperson who specializes in constructing, installing, and maintaining structures made of wood, including buildings, bridges, and other structures. They use a variety of tools and techniques to shape, cut, and join wood and other materials to create a wide range of structures and products.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and building plans
- Measuring and cutting materials to the correct size and shape
- Assembling and installing structures, including walls, floors, and roofs
- Finishing and painting surfaces to a high standard
- Maintaining and repairing existing structures and equipment
- Following safety procedures and regulations
- Communicating with supervisors, clients, and other tradespeople
- High school diploma or equivalent
- On-the-job training or apprenticeship
- Physical ability to lift and move heavy materials
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- A certificate or diploma in carpentry from a vocational school or community college
- Completion of an apprenticeship program
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 certification (depending on the job)
- Certification from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) or similar organization.
The median annual salary for carpenters in the USA is around $49,000. However, this can vary depending on location, experience, and the type of work being done.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)