Cargo and Freight Agent Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Cargo and Freight Agent
A Cargo and Freight Agent is responsible for coordinating the movement of goods and products through air, land or sea transportation. They work with carriers, clients, and customs officials to ensure that shipments are delivered on time and in good condition.
- Arranging transportation and handling of shipments
- Keeping track of cargo movements and updating clients on shipment status
- Coordinating with customs officials to ensure compliance with import/export regulations
- Negotiating with carriers to secure the best rates and services
- Resolving any issues that may arise during the shipment process
- Maintaining accurate records of shipments and documentation
- Keeping clients informed of any changes or delays in their shipments
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of transportation software
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple shipments at once
- Familiarity with customs regulations and international trade laws
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Supply Chain Management is preferred
- Experience in the transportation and logistics industry
- Ability to speak multiple languages is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good customer service skills and ability to build strong relationships with clients and carriers.
The average salary for a Cargo and Freight Agent in the USA is $44,000-$58,000 per year.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)