Car Mechanic Job Role Description, Salary Range and Qualification Requirement
Job Role: Car Mechanic
A car mechanic is responsible for diagnosing and repairing mechanical and electrical issues in vehicles. They work on a variety of vehicles, including cars, trucks, and buses. They may also specialize in a specific area of vehicle repair, such as engines, transmissions, or brake systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues in vehicles
- Perform routine maintenance, such as oil changes, tire rotations, and brake inspections
- Repair or replace parts, such as engines, transmissions, and brake systems
- Test drive vehicles to ensure proper performance
- Communicate with customers to provide updates on repairs and provide estimates for repairs
- Keep accurate records of all repairs and maintenance performed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems in vehicles
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and tools
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification
- Experience working as a car mechanic
- Vocational or technical training in automotive repair
- Experience with computer software and diagnostic tools
- Familiarity with OSHA and EPA regulations
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
The average salary for a car mechanic in the USA is $40,000 – $60,000 per year.usajobsites.com Notice!
Audience discretion is needed, Read TOS.
Post New Job / Post Job Wanted / Jobs USA
App & Rate-Us / Sub Job Updates / Category
Are You An HR Educator (Submit Guest Post)